Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Back to Basics

 For this assignment we were given the task to design a 4x4 cube and connect it to a 8x8 base using straws.  When I began I new I wanted to keep it simple using only linear lines. To start with I wanted to make a cube that was somehow interlocking.  I also new that I wanted a smaller base above the 8in base to add to the aesthetic  elements as well as cover up the joints of the straws and the base. After my first attempt I was left with was is in the image to the right. After an individual critique and giving it some more thought I wanted to simplify the project even more as well as Polish my craft.  I completely changed my cube by eliminating the interlocking aspect of it and making 4 strait flush edges. I felt like black straws really contrasted the white bristol board and foam core base. I feel like if I stuck a light bulb inside my cube it would make for a really nice lamp. 


Original   Second attempt 





1 comment:

  1. You have some good photos of your work and I like that you wrote about the feedback you got.

    ReplyDelete