Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Nature Connected



For this assignment we were told to connect two items from nature using sting, wire or thread.  Originally I used a brick and a vine and combined the two by intertwining the vine around the brick. After bringing it to the critique and giving it a bit more thought I decided to take a different approach to the project.  
The idea for this project originally came from the movie "Lion King" when the main character Simba was born and held up high for all of the pride to see.  I thought it would be interesting to recreate that moment using items from nature. Using a large rock as a base, and a smaller one to be displayed I connected the two using aluminum and copper wire.  As you can see I coiled the wires together leaving a gap in the center to sit on top of the big rock and for prongs at the top to hold the smaller rock. 

No comments:

Post a Comment